Monday, August 20, 2007

2 years ago or maybe it was 3.......



For Mother's Day I received 2 grape vine plants. We planted them on the side of the deck under the side door entrance. The first year one had some nice growth while the other looked dead. Last year the boys "pruned" for me by accidentally running over them with the lawn mower. Well, I guess the pruning did them good because I have grapes growing on one this year and the other has really taken off! They are small but hey it's something!


There are about 3-4 clusters of these growing. I ended up cutting off some of the new shoots after reading my friends farming book and it was saying you should only keep x amount of new shoots. The grapes should be edible by end of summer.


This is a picture after I cut off a lot of the new growth. I will keep you posted on how they progress and how they taste!

No comments: