Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We can't always be on the mountain top.......


No, the picture does not need to be rotated.........it's me....and I am on top of the mountain. Bradbury Mountain in Maine a short drive from our home. We spent yesterday hiking and enjoying the last day before school and the fall craziness starts. While the older 2 boys and 2nd sons' girlfriend and my daughter were wondering off and hubby and baby son were exploring I took a minute to myself. It was nice to feel the heat of the sun since the breeze had a bit of a chill to it. Then everybody found me...............




We found a cove area in the rock and decided to do pictures. Hoping one comes out good enough for Christmas. We'll see..........

This next picture I think is a super sweet pic of 2nd son and his girl....



After the hike we let the kiddos play on the play ground for a bit. It was a good way to wear the kids out so they would get a good nights sleep for school. ( Although my oldest doesn't start school until tomorrow.)







Sunday evening 2nd son, daughter and baby boy decided to do an iron chef cook off in the kitchen.....here's what our entree looked like :



This was an egg burrito topped with salad and a salad on the side. Although my sweet little daughter forgot which one she had doused with hot sauce at the request of one of the judges ( her daddy) and I ended up with the hot sauce one. It was hot, but not bad.



Our Daughter won , I guess you could say be default. Our older 2 sons got a phone call about meeting some other friends at the park. So, the food the 2nd son made ended up being eaten by him. Since we were kind of tired of eggs by then we had baby boy make the dessert......

Now lets go back and see a picture of our lovely contestant and winner of the dinner portion of the competition.....

Clearly the boy won the dessert portion. Love making things fair :-).

Off to great the kids when they get home from their first day of school.....pics to follow.....

No comments: