Tuesday, September 4, 2007

end of the first day......

Well, the day has officially come to the end and all are tucked in their beds sleeping. Except me. I can't get used to these hours. I usually start about a week or two ahead of school starting with getting everyone up early and going to bed early. Didn't happen this time. We are all still locked in on those lazy days of summer. Didn't realize how I would miss them until today. I am already looking forward to the first school holiday. I know a lot of people were looking forward to school starting so their kiddos would be gone, but I missed my kiddos! Now, I don't like refereeing or being their activities coordinator but I do like them here. We have fun. They are blessings!

So all the things I thought I would get done today didn't get done. I'm OK with that though. I have been mentally compiling a list that I will , probably tomorrow, put in print. I love to see things marked off my list. You know, I say I didn't get much done but:
Breakfast
packed lunches
dishes and cleaned kitchen counters
picked up around house
got Cubbies materials organized
Put out a few emails I NEEDED to do
did 2 miles on the treadmill and worked with free weights
went to meeting about a band coming to town and I am part of the PR committee
dinner
got kids ready for bed
laundry
did another mile and 1/2 just because
made 3 cards
dishes again
planned lunches for tomorrow and dinner for tomorrow
spent time with my children talking about their day
filled out ALL that paper work from school ( x3!!!)
( somewhere in there I should include taking the dogs out a couple of times)
Cleaning out fish filter and transferring fish to the other tank since our one filter decided to go kaput on us. ( we think a fish got sucked up in it and it over heated...gross I know but so goes life..........)

Not bad........... I guess to make myself feel like I have done something maybe I should write what I do at the end of the day instead of what I need to do.

After reading that I have made myself tired. Maybe I will go and read until I fall asleep.

It has been a long day............but now that it has come to an end, I am pleased to know my children were happy with their summer and missed me today as much as I missed them! :-)

No comments: