Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I wish I could have just one more day

These are pictures of my Uncle Jerry. He passed away March 6, 2006. Some days it's still hard.
The Christmas before he passed away he and my Aunt gave my two youngest Christmas bears. My youngest son named his "Jerry Bear" after Uncle Jerry. He clings to that bear and loves it with all his heart. The top picture is of him and Uncle Jerry when little man was, well little...over a year old. Today he was worried about a place on Jerry Bear and I told him we need to be super careful with JB because Uncle Jerry wasn't here anymore to buy a new one.
Then my little one said," Mom I wish I could have just one more day with Uncle Jerry." WOW!!! He is only 5 and he feels so much. I too wish I could have one more day. There is so much I want to ask him and learn from him. Really makes me appreciate the people in my life and how I want to know them, not just know about them. I wish I had this insight when I was younger. I would have loved to known my Father's parents better. There are so many things I would love to know.
If we could all just have one more day.........












No comments: